India's walkies
r***@gmail.com
2014-10-29 21:42:04 UTC
Just back after a week off - and wasn't the weather gorgeous (not).
India's started her six week walking programme - it's lovely to see her
out and about.
We've had to take a few precautions though - 15 ACP tablets on an empty
stomach (that's for India) and head strapped down between her knees for
added control. The first day we gave her 10 tablets which we
thought would be plenty - ACP is supposed to just take the ege off them,
they don't really look sedated - however she was like an unexploded bomb
( I suppose it's my own fault for buying a chestnut mare),
I ended up just walking her around the yard for 10 mins to dangerous to
do anything else - so the vet suggested upping the
dose. We also decied not to put her shoes on for a week or so
- just in cases she decides to go up and dangle her footsies around at
about head height. Also if she does get a little foot sire it'll take
her mind off being naughty (she's only doing 10 minutes walking on
smooth tarmac at the moment.)
For the last few days she's been a really good girl and seems to be
enjoying her little walks. I might try her on just 12 tablets tonight.
Fingers crossed she stays sound.
Sue
over ten trillion gobongos
r***@gmail.com